Monday, October 10, 2022

Unfinished Monday

 

A quick weigh-in on Aaron Judge setting the American League home run mark at 62...  I was underwhelmed.  It's a cheapened record because Judge plays in an era of juiced balls and small parks.  However, you can't penalize him for that.  He's just doing his thing.  It's nearly, but not the same, as Sosa, McGwire, and Bonds launching home runs in the days when you can get away with using performance enhancing drugs.  I'm disappointed we have to listen to the Michael Kay and John Sterling home run calls for eternity.  It looks like Joe DiMaggio's 56 game consecutive hitting streak will be the one that lasts until the end of time.

Speaking of baseball, it's the annual challenge of finding the games: ABC, ESPN, FOX, FS1, MLB, TBS...

By the way, I used to love "Quick Pitch" on the MLB Network, a morning hour filled with highlights and scores.  Anchors changed.  It seems like they're just reading the copy without understanding it.  Kelly Nash is the exception.  Note to producers:  every highlight doesn't need music beneath it!  It's annoying and distracting, especially if that type of music is not your genre.  The show became unwatchable.  I hope it improves in the spring.

If you liked her, I'm sorry.  Comedian Judy Tenuta died last week.  72.  She wasn't my thing, and I'm not alone.  I love game shows.  A television programming executive I know was considering buying a "Match Game" revival for his station about twenty years ago.  The pitch reel had Judy Tenuta on the panel.  He passed.  The show did make it in to syndication.  It bombed.  Big time.

The Halloween overkill has begun!  More on that in the days to come.

It seems like fall foliage is a little behind schedule, at least where I live.  My camera batteries are charged and ready to go.

Cass Elliot finally has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  Bravo!  As I have said here before, Elliot had one of the best female pop voices-- ever.  I'm sorry we lost her at a young age.