Saturday, December 3, 2022

About the Cover

 

The December blog header is always a challenge.  The goal is to present something Christmassy, but many of the big displays don't get rolling until after December 1.  By the way, I have no problem with that.  An extended Christmas season makes the time less special, at least to me.

The borough of Throop has upped its holiday game in recent years.  This is a photo of the municipal building.  Santa, and the snow man at the far right wave.  I used a long exposure to capture the hands in different positions.  There was a bonus in the header photo, as an SUV passed by and created some light trails for me.  The building at the far left is the police station.

In retrospect, I tried to do a little too much here.  The shot is wide.  My sin is trying to capture the entire property.

A special shout out to the police officer who stopped to ask me what I was doing when I was taking this photo, a little after 2 AM on Black Friday morning.  I thought a giant camera on a tripod in front of me was a dead giveaway.  Hey, she was just doing her job.  I'm glad, and secure in the fact that she cared enough to stop to ask.

Happy holidays, and please have a safe month!