Friday, December 9, 2022

Footballs and Frostys

 

We're going around in circles a bit today.  Please follow along.

I was sitting in a fast food restaurant the other morning.  As I ate my spicy chicken sandwich, I saw an ad on the window for FOX Big Noon.  In case you're not familiar, FOX took a noon Saturday college football game, added a snazzy pre game show, acquired big match ups and they made it work.  Noon was always the home of lesser games, but the whiz bang FOX marketing department managed to make it in to an event.  Bravo!

That started me thinking about the impending increase in teams participating in the college football playoffs.  Four now.  12 in a couple of years.  That's insane.  It adds another week or two to an already long college football season.  The concept of the student athlete disappeared years ago, and it's an even bigger joke now.

Of course, it all comes down to money.  Schools get a boost.  The networks get more commercials to sell.  Follow the money.  Always.

And while I was in the fast food restaurant, I decided to try the new peppermint Frosty.  A friend and coworker gave them the "thumbs up."  She said the flavor was just enough.  It wasn't over the top.  I agree.  The peppermint wasn't overwhelming.  However, I thought it had an odd medicinal taste, like Pepto Bismol, even though that product is wintergreen, not peppermint.

It wasn't as good as the strawberry experiment of the summer, but take my advice.  Stick to chocolate.