Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Wednesday Scrapple

 

Swiss is an underrated cheese.  It's tasty without being overwhelming and it works everywhere.  Yes, I've given it too much thought.

It seems like I didn't get as many Christmas catalogs this year as I did last year.

11 days until Christmas, and I've already had my fill of Christmas music.

At one time, I had to have a Kleenex or Puffs.  Now, I'll use sandpaper if it's around, and it seems like every jacket pocket is filled with napkins from the mini mart.

In that vein, other than a fast food sandwich, I haven't had breakfast "out" in a very long time.

Toys for Tots public service announcements never fail to rip my heart out.

It's amazing how many news sources you can live without when they disappear behind pay walls.

And, if Twitter goes away tonight, the sun will still rise tomorrow.

Any racism makes me sad.  It's magnified when you see kids as the perpetrators.

Food Network:  Enough with the holiday baking competition shows!

There are some really great Christmas displays out there-- fun and festive without going overboard.

The reality of winter sets in the first time you see snow on the ground.

I think I would be only a fair "Jeopardy!" contestant.  I have too many weaknesses, especially in religion, the arts, literature...   However, the Monday night Final category was Latin Phrases.  I nailed it while all three contestants missed it.  I was so happy!

My duties and responsibilities yesterday forced me to travel through a heavily commercial area.  Yikes!  Add a snowy forecast to the Christmas rush and you have a royal mess.