Friday, April 28, 2023

Let's Review

 

It's back to work tonight, so let's do a quick review of my first vacation week of 2023.

I did nothing.  End of story.

Well, just a little more than nothing.  I got in some photo therapy, which I needed badly.  A little walking.  A little shopping.  A little reading.  A lot of sleeping.

I grew my traditional vacation beard.  The scruff is now in its final hours.  I have to take it off just as it's starting to look decent.

I got together with some friends, and that was fantastic.

Thanks to Stacy Lange and Amanda Eustice for handling the big weekend morning broadcasts.  The hours can be really tough if you're not used to them.

See you tomorrow morning!

But before I go, a few thoughts on the passing of Jerry Springer.

His talk show ran for 27 years.  Before that, Springer was a Cincinnati councilman, mayor and TV news commentator.  He was a smart guy, but will be forever tainted by the outrageous nature of the show.

Believe it or not, Jerry Springer and I have a mutual friend.  The friend said Jerry knew it wasn't going to last forever, and he was enjoying life to its fullest.  Jerry knew the show was just escapist entertainment.

Jerry Springer has a long and impressive body of work, but his legacy will be those daily television fist fights.