Friday, May 12, 2023

Raison D'etre

 


The French have a phrase, raison d'etre.  It means a reason for being and a justification for existence.  I took a lot of photos during my recent time off.  Most fall in the "raison d'etre" category.  They don't have one!

On days where I really don't have anything to say, I'll pop up a picture under the raison d'etre banner.

Here is one.


This is a downstream shot of the Susquehanna River at Pittston, a place I've visited with my camera several times over the years.  It's a great place to shoot-- the river is wide with plenty of vegetation.

The photo was taken on a spring morning.  Unfortunately, the sky was grey, but the trees were greening up and there were some pink blooms over on the West Pittston side.

Yes, the photo doesn't really have a raison d'etre, but I like it anyway.