Thursday, May 18, 2023

Summer

 

Summer arrived one week ago.  It's now official.  That was the day I stuffed an air conditioner in to my bedroom window.

The house has those split ductless things, which are great.  But, my bedroom gets baked in the afternoon soon.  I need a little more.

It's not a huge unit.  My bedroom isn't enormous  It's just a cumbersome process.  Why don't they make these thing with handles?!

I've looked in to those units on wheels that the TV shopping networks sell.  They make sense on some levels, but there are a lot of bad reviews.

I used to love summers, but when you work the overnight shift, light, heat, and noise are your enemies.  Summer has become my least favorite season.  Lawn mowers.  Leaf blowers.  Weed whackers.  Enough!

And, I hasten to add, this is the life I have chosen.

Fall can't get here fast enough.