Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Night

I haven't been to a theater in a couple years, and you can guess my next line.  I really don't care about this year's Academy Awards.

It's not 100 per cent apathy.  Jeff Bridges is up for the Best Actor award for his work in "Crazy Heart."  I hope he wins, for the simple reason that Bridges was "The Dude" in "The Big Lebowski." 

I'm also pulling for Sandra Bullock for Best Actress.  First, she's cute.  Second, she seems like a nice person, although her husband's ex-wife would likely disagree.  Third, she gave $1 million to the Haitian Earthquake Relief Fund.  I haven't seen her movie "The Blind Side" and I likely won't.

I can't forget about co-host Steve Martin, an all time fave.

Enjoy the show, even though the most entertaining thing this evening will likely be the special "Jimmy Kimmel Live" that airs after the late edition of Newswatch 16.