Thursday, December 19, 2019

Year End Scrapple

OK.  The holidays are on the way.  Things are slowing down.  Let's do one more edition of "Scrapple" before we hit 2020.

If I never hear the term "mixed bag" again, I'd be okay.

Why can't ESPN attract top talent to "Monday Night Football?"

It's still fun to receive a Christmas card, and even more fun if there is a personalized note inside.

There have been several recent articles in trade publications about the newspaper industry struggling.  It makes me sad.

Pizzelles are an under rated cookie.

I really miss David Letterman's Christmas shows.

On my list of things to do in 2020:  pancakes.  I haven't had them in ages.

"A Charlie Brown Christmas" never gets old.

I can look at Christmas decorations and model trains until the cows come home.  Yet, I never had the desire to decorate or get involved in model railroading.

Dick Clark is missed.

What happened to the Los Angeles Rams?

I love it when people refer to New Year's Eve as "amateur night."  It really is.

Solidly produced top of the hour network radio newscasts will always make me happy.

I don't hate "My Sharona."  I still turn it up and sing along when it comes on the car radio.

NFL quarterback discussions bore me to tears.  You can't compare then and now.  It's a different era.  More passing.  More rules designed to protect quarterbacks.  I'd still take Bart Starr over Tom Brady.

Is December over yet?