Wednesday, April 2, 2014

LifeFlight

I know Geisinger takes LifeFlight out for show and tells once in a while.  Otherwise, be happy you don't have an up close encounter with it, because it usually means something bad.  On the other hand, it does get you to care faster, and minutes count.

LifeFlight was parked in a field in Orangeville Monday morning, at the scene of a nasty crash on Route 487, north of Bloomsburg.  By the way, "nasty crash" is one of those annoying TV phrases.  There aren't any pleasant crashes.

Back to my point, I hadn't been close to LifeFlight in a while, and it's an awe inspiring sight.  It's massive and powerful-- an amazing piece of machinery.

Unfortunately, all I had close by at the time was my old camera phone.  I wish I could offer a better photo, but you get the idea.