Monday, June 29, 2009

Sonic II


I visited the new Wilkes-Barre Sonic drive in just before its official grand opening nearly a month ago. The review was honest, but possibly a tad unfair. It can be inappropriate to make judgements before all the bugs are worked out.

There was a return visit late last week, around 9:00 AM on a weekday. I was the only car there, but a few others pulled in shortly after I arrived. I keep hearing about crowds here, but I've yet to see them. I do realize that 9:00 AM is not peak time.

The service? There was a delay of a minute or so after I pressed the red button. A gentleman who arrived just after me had the same issue. I thought my ordering station was broken.


I chose a cheeseburger and onion rings. The burger was just okay. As noted a few weeks ago, the rings are excellent. This doesn't appear to be the place to go when you're in a hurry, if you get my drift. Ordering lunch food during breakfast might have had something to do with it, but Sonic does promote "full menu, all day."

The ability to get something without an egg on it, any time of day, is a major plus for me. I like eggs, but when you get up in the middle of the night, lunch time arrives around daybreak.

Once again, I passed on some of Sonic's more popular offerings-- the drinks and desserts.

Chances are, I'll be back when I have time and I'm in the neighborhood.