Friday, February 5, 2010

The Big One


Super Bowl 44 is Sunday evening in Miami, as if you didn't know.

Here's my pick:  take the Colts, and they'll even cover the spread.  The Colts have been there before, and Peyton Manning knows how to get it done.  The Jets did their best to pressure Manning a couple weeks ago, in the AFC title game, and it didn't work.  The Colts will get the big trophy late Sunday night.

I bleed Steelers' black and gold, and I've been pulling for the black and gold Saints throughout the playoffs.  I'm sorry to say I don't think it will be their night.

The Colts have been on my you-know-what list since the thieving owners snuck the team out of Baltimore in March of 1984.  I'm one of the best at holding a grudge.

I'll be asleep during the game.  I don't think I've seen a Super Bowl in 12 years, and I'm okay with that.  There have been 43 Super Bowls, and most have been lackluster.  I'll find out what happened when my alarm goes off at 2:00 AM Monday.  The networks will have more than enough highlights to keep me happy, and I'll find a place with the NFL Network for a mid-week replay, minus the commercials.

That launches me into my yearly "anti-commercial" rant.  Now matter how much money they spend on production, no matter how cute and clever they are, they're still commercials.  Thank heaven for the TV remote control.

Enjoy the game.