Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Eve


I feel the same way about Halloween that I do about baseball cards. Both were great activities. Then, adults got involved and mucked up everything.

Kids love baseball cards. One day, some adult figured out there was a buck to be made. Cards became less about kids and more about collectors. It's sad.

I've encountered far too many adults who take Halloween way too seriously. A little decoration is nice. There's at least one "gone overboard" home in every neighborhood.

I've been in stores and restaurants where the employees are "encouraged" (translation: forced) to dress up for work. All those employees have one thing in common. They look miserable. Having a pirate or kitty cat bag my groceries and serve my burger doesn't add to the experience.

Halloween. It's for the kids.

Looks like I won't be getting any Snickers bars this year.