Monday, November 25, 2013

Unfinished Monday

"Enjoyed" isn't the right word, but I was thoroughly fascinated by all of last week's JFK coverage.

The Dan Rather saga has been documented earlier-- sloppy reporting at CBS, an insincere apology, a parting of the ways, Rather sued CBS, a judge tossed it out.  Still, it was sad CBS didn't use him on its Kennedy coverage.  It was even more sad to see Rather on NBC.

Another Scranton council meeting, another call for solutions, another week of blaming the usual suspects, and another week of not one good or new idea.

I can't say I'm an Alex Rodriguez fan, but I do like how he's defending himself.

Wilkes-Barre's mayor is the latest to join the "blame the media" club.

I had a talk with a friend in retail the other day.  Thanksgiving and Black Friday are still a few days away, and I can already see the pain in her eyes.

I'm sure you've seen and read the latest "nuclear" developments in Washington...  as if we need more reasons to shake our heads in disgust over our dysfunctional government.  This crosses party lines.  There's more than enough blame to go around.

The weapons deal with Iran might not make President Obama as many friends as he'd hoped.  Obama joins the group of presidents who started with great promise and popularity, only to see the wheels come off.

Sears and KMart are still losing money.  It's not hard to see why.

It's one area where Joe Snedeker and I are in complete agreement:  long term winter forecasts are useless.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have five wins.  Back in September, I would have been happy with a 4-12 season.  The mediocrity of a .500 season is within their grasp.