Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thursday Scrapple

I'm trying to avoid becoming part of the "I'm sick of winter" chorus.  It isn't easy.

Absolutely tickled that a beagle won best in show at the Westminster Dog Show.  She's a little cutie.

I have very little interest in the Odd Couple remake.  It's likely I'll check it out eventually.

Spring training is underway.  Baseball isn't what it used to be, but it's still nice to see players running around in the Florida and Arizona sunshine.

Jimmy Fallon just passed his first anniversary as Tonight Show host.  The man has talent, but I never thought he was Tonight caliber.  My opinion hasn't changed.

Some of the hosts who have been filling the void after Craig Ferguson and before James Corden have been simply awful.  Wayne Brady, Drew Carey and Judd Apatow were very, very good.

I didn't watch a second of the Saturday Night Live 40th anniversary show, and I don't feel like I missed anything.  I strayed as soon as the original cast left, and I never went back.

For every prediction of a plunge in oil prices, I see a forecast of a spike on the way.

Even though the experts say it's a bad idea, I've jettisoned some little used credit cards.

It's amazing to watch former treasurer Rob McCord throw away a career.