Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day Weekend


People who have loyally read this blog for the last four years and ten months knew this was coming. It is perhaps my favorite line of the year: "As always, I will add to your enjoyment of the annual Jerry Lewis/MDA Telethon by not being there."

Some of us have to stay back and keep an eye on the news while the rest of the staff raises money. I always believed I was of more value to the operation sticking to news. Asking for money is tough, especially during difficult economic times. Please, give what you can. Every dollar helps. Thanks.

College football kicks off Saturday afternoon on WNEP. In the past, that meant no 6 PM Newswatch 16. This is a case of better living through technology. You can watch Jon, Sharla, and Ryan at 6 PM on WNEP 2 tonight, and for the rest of the season.

I'll see you in the morning.