Thursday, September 17, 2009

Scrapple Thursday



Why does every department store have a dress shirt section that looks like a war zone? Is it that hard to organize sizes? And, quit trying to get me to sign up for one of your credit cards. I have enough.

Any pizza is good pizza, but the vast majority of square pizzas do nothing for me.

Why is it so hard to find a good cheese steak around here?

Fall is officially here. I've made a doctor's appointment to get my flu shot.
Wednesday afternoon. Needles don't bother me. The flu does.

I had Sunday off, so I had the opportunity to sample the FOX and CBS NFL pre-game shows. Absolutely hideous. All promos and jokes. Throw in some forces un-spontaneous, witless banter. No information. ESPN was equally as hideous. There are far too many "it's all about me" broadcasters out there.

Is there any politician in Luzerne County who isn't on the take? It's so sad. The fault lies not in our stars, but in ourselves. How did these scoundrels get elected in the first place? We have to make better choices each and every election day.

Henry Gibson was a funny man.

Patrick Swayze died far too young.

I'm not buying Serena Williams' explanation or half hearted apology.

I caught a little of Jay Leno's new show the other night. Not bad, but no reason to turn a dial. I hope NBC has a "plan B."

September is flying by.

Nine days to the Bloomsburg Fair!