Friday, July 16, 2010

My New Least Favorite Word/Phrase

I still dislike the phrase "under the bus."  I still use it because I've yet to find anything to take its place. 

However, I have discovered something new to dislike, and in a short amount of time, it's become horribly over-used.

DISCONNECT

Disconnect means the activity of someone who's not really "in" to what they're doing.  Phoning it in.  Doing a sloppy job.  A gaffe. Out of touch.   A failure to communicate.  Many thoughts, actions, and deeds come under the new "disconnect" umbrella.  It's one stop shopping for buffoonery.

I have to admit that I'm amazed.  This one came out of nowhere, and now I hear it at least a half dozen times a day.    Thankfully, not in reference to me.  I'd likely be hearing it a bit more, but there are bad acoustics under the bus.

Stop it.  Stop it now.