Friday, July 7, 2017

Inevitable

The last Independence Day sparkler was still warm when this arrived in my mail box, the day after the holiday.

I'm not picking on Boscov's.  It's a fine store.  I drop in once in a while.

But, isn't it a little early for back to school sales?

I have to add that I don't have a dog in this fight.  No kids.

If I was school age, I'd likely get a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.  It seems like summer just got started, and now it's time to plan for the end.

I can't say I'm surprised.  The passing of Independence Day is seen as the start of back to school season, much like the end of August begins Christmas shopping time.

The way I see it, we have two months of summer.  Plus a September that's always comfortable.

Enjoy-- and don't forget about the sales.