Thursday, July 6, 2017

Peg

I've seen your picture
Your name in lights above it
This is your big debut
It's like a dream come true
And when you smile for the camera
I know they're love it.
-- Steely Dan, "Peg"

I've noticed something recently, and it mostly deals with non controversial stories.  Fewer people are declining on-camera interviews.

Once again, you can trace it back to social media and the internet.  More and more people, especially young people are used to being on camera.  It's not just still pictures.  It's video and even live video.  What's the difference if it's a smart phone or a tv news video camera?

I don't mind because we're always looking for people to tell their stories.  Keep it up.

As for me, I'm glad this stuff wasn't around when I was growing up.  First, it's the potential for even more incriminating evidence.  Secondly, I enjoy my privacy.

Smile!