Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Told You So


Some people hate to say "I told you so."  I'm not one of those people.

A few couple weeks ago, I wrote that Halloween is for kids, and adults only muck up the process.

Here's an abridged summary of the Halloween night and early morning activities:  multiple suspicious fires in Lycoming County, a quadruple shooting after a party in Monroe County, a shooting during a burglary, a robbery outside one of the slots parlors, several drunk driving arrests, bar fights and various other assaults, plus a handful of under age drinking parties and vandalism.  It's like New Year's Eve, only without Dick Clark...or, a Friday night with Lindsay and Britney.

I see nothing wrong with having a good time.  Go nuts!  But, Halloween has really become an observance of excess.

What started as a fun night with just a wee bit of mischief has turned into a crime filled adventure.