Monday, September 16, 2013

Unfinished Monday

A lot of people have called the office on weekends to ask why the Penn State football show has disappeared from the Sunday morning schedule.  The way it was explained to me, the producers of the show changed the format.  It's now a PREview of the upcoming game, not a REview of the past game.  It has to air before Saturday, not after.  The Penn State football show has found a nice home, Thursday nights, on WNEP2.

I've been engaged in a friendly e-mail exchange with a local radio station over the length of a commercial break in an early morning syndicated news broadcast.  First, I thank them for looking in to it.  It sounded as if there were too many commercials in the break, and they would always come back in the middle of a news story.  The station says the problem has been caught and fixed.  I appreciate it.

It was an interesting weekend, an opportunity to knock off the rust after a week and a half off.  My body clock needed to be re-adjusted to being up all night.  I think I've figured it out.

I wasn't kidding during an on-air chat with Noreen Sunday morning.  I know people who have removed air conditioners from their windows.  Mine is still in, and it will stay there for at least another month.  First, we're due for more hot weather.  It always happens-- a warm spell in mid and late fall.  Second, my bedroom gets the afternoon sun, so it's always a little warmer than the rest of the house.

Bob Newhart received an Emmy last night for his guest shot as Professor Proton on "The Big Bang Theory."  It was among the better episodes of the past season, and I can't believe it's the first Emmy ever for Newhart.  Long overdue.