Friday, July 5, 2024

This Week

 

This is one of the least productive work weeks on the calendar.  It seems like everyone takes vacation time in and around the Independence Day window.  Web traffic drops.  Restaurant, bar and retail business jumps because everyone has the time away from work.  Travel spikes.  The government and AAA says we could have record road and air travel this year.  

The only week that tops this one for lack of productivity is the week between Christmas and the New Year's Day.

I'm working my normal schedule this week.  I tend to go against the flow.  If people have time off, I'm at the office and vice versa.  I do have a week off at the end of July-- a tradition.  There is no compelling reason to take that week, other than it is statistically one of the hottest weeks of the year, and I'd rather have the week off.