Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Tuesday Scrapple

 

Today's entry in the "you know the lyrics, even if you haven't heard the song in a long time" is "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor.  Yes, I do know that is my second JT song in the last couple of weeks.

The Scranton Farmers Market, off Albright Avenue opens soon, and that is always a reason to rejoice.  Good stuff, and nice people.

Hot weather:  too much, too soon, too long.

Martin Mull always could make me laugh, especially "America 2 Night" in the late 70's, and he had a comedy album at the same time.  It was called "Sex and Violins."  Mull died last week.  He was 80.

Kudos to the ad agency that came up with the Spam commercials.  That stuff looks almost edible.  By the way, there was always a can or two in the house when I was a kid.

One of the local newspapers now has a daily single copy price of $ 3.00.  Really!

I'm glad to see fast food restaurants returning to value meals.

The rise and fall of Boeing will be studied and talked about for years.

I wonder if I'll run in to former Rep. George Santos in the Poconos this summer.

For some unexplained reason, my blog picture of the federal building in downtown Scranton had hits that went through the roof.

I know this is easy to say from a distance, but I've always enjoyed watching the tracks of hurricanes and tropical storms.

Enough about Bronny James!!!

The Fay's drug store chain is sorely missed.  It had everything!