Friday, August 15, 2008

Foggy Blimp


Let's take a break from weighty issues and negativity for a while. It's one of the last weekends of summer, high time for a Bad Photography Weekend.

The Goodyear Blimp spent a couple days in our area this week. I stopped by the Wyoming Valley Airport for a few quick pictures Wednesday morning.

The "Spirit of Innovation" is an awesome site, even tethered on the ground. It's 192 feet long, 60 feet tall, and 50 feet wide. This blimp is rather new. It was christened in June of 2006.

The fog fuzzied up my pictures a bit, but I shouldn't complain. That fog dimmed the sun, which was behind the blimp during my visit. The pictures would have been back lit if it was a clear morning.


I've been going through my files, and there are a lot of blimp pictures stored on my computer. I never get tired of looking at blimps.