Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday Scrapple

Dr. Laura Schlesinger is leaving her radio show at the end of the year.  America rejoices.  Dr. Laura has been catching a lot of heat recently over her use of the "N-word" on her show.  When you're on the air hundreds of hours a year, eventually, you're going to make a mistake.  She realized that and apologized.  Unlike Imus, Dr. Laura does not have a history of racially insensitive remarks.  I can't stand the woman, but get off her back.

There's a big debate over Tiger Woods getting a slot on America's Ryder Cup team.  Mixed feelings.  Tiger brings in the viewers and ups the interest.  On the other hand, he's had a bad year on-and-off the course.  There are other golfers more deserving of a spot on the Ryder Cup team.

I am so sick of Brett Favre.

I'm not surprised the government failed to secure a conviction on most of the charges facing Rod Blagojevich.

I've been trying to figure out why I've been so cranky lately.  I can only think of the excessive heat and a lack of sleep.  There is a little more vacation time coming my way after Labor Day.

Most of my Tuesday was spent at the Lackawanna Courthouse in Scranton.  I still can't get used to what they've done to that place, inside and outside.

Does the government forecaster who predicted a more active than normal hurricane season still have his job?

The issues concerning the fate of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees continues to get a lot of ink.  Some of the people who caused the problems are now the ones leading the call for change.  If they hadn't messed things up in the first place, we wouldn't be in the position we're in now.  It's been one bad decision after another.

It seems like this year's skunk crop is bigger than normal.

While I'm looking forward to fall, I do experience a twinge of sadness when I see the first leaves change color.  Maybe it's the inner kid in me looking to get out, and realizing the new school year is approaching.  There were years, a long time ago, when I wished summer would last forever.

I bought a new photo editing program yesterday.  All I have to do now is figure out how to use it.