Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday Scrapple

Joe Bastardi has left AccuWeather after 32 years.  He was among the first of the "big personality" weather forecasters.  Bastardi did not believe in global warming.  Future plans unknown.

Walmart same store sales are down a wee bit, and retail industry analysts say the company had a lackluster Christmas.

Like it or not, we are a society fueled by gasoline.  The new price hikes will kick off an inflationary spiral.  Some fear we'll slide back into a recession.  I think it'll be tough to slide back into a recession when we never climbed out of it in the first place. 

I just don't get it.  We keep hearing how the economy is bad.  I was in a Best Buy on a recent mid week afternoon.  The store was packed.  Where are people getting the money?

I went for a walk yesterday morning.  The temperature was 13.  The sun was shining.  The wind was light.  It was actually comfortable.  Still, there's an awful lot of snow out there.

A TV news photographer told me the other day that he's going through "Ciavarella trial withdrawl."

Maybe it's because I haven't tried the right brand, but I don't get the thrill of Greek style yogurt.

Spring training baseball games start today!

Perhaps you've nticed that State Police have been getting tough on speeders lately.  How many trucks have you seen pulled over?