Monday, November 16, 2015

Speeding Up

Fall usually goes by quickly for me, even more so this year, and let's examine that for a moment.

September:  Labor Day, plus a vacation week

October:  another vacation week

November:  the month starts with election day and ends with Thanksgiving

December:  Christmas preoccupation, plus the triple whammy at the end of the month-- Christmas-birthday-New Year.

I've been scratching my head, trying to figure out why time has been accelerating lately.  Nothing really jumps out at me.  I've been a little busier than usual.

Possibly the defining factor is the weather.  Most of the first half of November was great.  Sunny.  Above normal.  Fantastic days.

Conversely, it's why January drags.  It's a long, cold, dark month.

The 2016 calendar page flip will be here before you know it.