Monday, May 5, 2008

Where's the Fun?


I hate to admit it, but I'm suffering from post-election depression.

Two weeks ago, I couldn't wait for the Pennsylvania primary to get here. Now, I'm watching video from North Carolina and Indiana, sites of primary elections tomorrow. I'm envious. No one is paying attention to Pennsylvania. The party's over.

No more getting candidate schedules in my e-mail. No more checking to see who's coming to our area. No appearances. Not a rally in sight. No interviews. No Bob Casey and Ed Rendell on Sunday morning television. No giant satellite trucks in the hotel parking lot next door. No nothing.

We're back to advertising home pregnancy test kits and the ballet. The viscious attack ads are on hold until the fall. It's all so, so, so routine. So boring.

I'll see you at the ballet.