Monday, February 9, 2009

Brass Ones


I couldn't believe my eyes when I read yesterday's Citizens Voice. In a letter to new president judge Chester Muroski, but released to the newspaper, former president judge Mark Ciavarella admitted he disgraced his judgeship. Here's the unbelievable part. Ciavarella went on to say: “However, my current legal problems don’t give you (Muroski) the right to misstate or inaccurately depict the court related policy decisions made during my tenure.”

Too bad.

If Ciavarella is trying to polish his place in posterity, it's too late. Ciavarella's legacy was sealed when he started taking kickbacks, when he unjustly sent kids to a juvenile detention center, when he screwed kids and their families who were looking for "justice" in the "justice" system.

You see it all the time when someone gets caught doing something wrong. First, they play the "victim." Then, they go on what I call the "apology tour." They say they're sorry to everyone from Larry King, to Letterman, to Leno, to Greta, to Oprah, and even to Regis & Kelly.

Mr. Ciavarella, please put me on the list. If you'd like to explain what you did and why, if you want to say "sorry" to all the people you've wronged, if you'd like to set the record straight, I'm here. We'll do it on camera so you can't say anything was misstated or inaccurately depicted. Let's talk.

The road to redemption could start by naming names. Tell us who else was involved in your scam so we could seperate the good people from the thieves in county government.