Thursday, September 1, 2011

3 Day Weekend

Yes, it's Labor Day weekend already.  As I was walking through the mall and doing a some other errands yesterday morning, I got a few of those small talk "It seems like yesterday was Memorial Day" comments.  I'm not sure about that.  I usually go along with those, but this year, three months seems about right.

Like most summers, the heat was a little hard to take at times.  It's refreshing to turn off the air conditioner and open the windows.

Once again, the SWB Yankees turned into another yawn.  Attendance is the second worst in the league, again.  It's likely the team will play somewhere else next year.  Unlike recent years, the record in 2011 isn't good enough for the playoffs.

High school football season starts tonight.  I have a couple fall weekends off, including next weekend.  I keep meaning to get to a game.  I haven't been to one in a very long time.  Maybe this will be the year.

Sunrises are late.  I don't like that.  Sunsets are early.  That, I do like.

The new fall TV season is just about here.  I scanned the offerings and was underwhelmed.

The summer driving season ends Monday.  Gasoline prices are supposed to come down, but don't bet on it.  A hurricane is spinning this way.  It could shut down gulf rigs and refineries.

I hope your weekend is a happy and safe one.