Monday, September 12, 2011

Re Tweet

Okay, I'm back, and let me get you all up to speed.

I conducted a six month Twitter experiment back in January, and to say the least, I was underwhelmed.  It was cute and mildly informative.  At the end of the six months, I decided I could live without Twitter.

Then, along come Irene and Lee, and I dipped back into the Twitter scene to see what was going on.  It knocked my socks off.  Twitter really exploded.  All the information came to me, rather than having to manuever my way around the internet for the latest on the storms and the flooding.  It was a good way for fast information, while doing other things during my vacation.

Several media outlets, and yes, that includes our competitors, used Twitter to its fullest, and I was impressed.  Governments and PennDOT also stepped up to the plate rather nicely.

So, I'm back.

The blog, nearing its seventh birthday, will continue to be my primary outlet for yapperage, but there will be a tweet once in a while.  It's best to give as well as receive.

There might be a name change down the road, but for the time being, you can find me @apal16.