Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Top 10 Preview

Yes, it's that time of year again.  Get ready for the third annual "Top 10 Photographs of the Year" series of blogs.

As always, these are not necessarilly the best and most beautiful shots of the year, but they are my favorites-- even though some depict diffucult days here in our area.

It almost didn't happen.  I nearly lost my files due to a computer issue back in October, but a talented techie saved my butt.  He also saved my database of the times, places, and subjects of my photographs.

I learned my lesson.  The database is now a Google document, immune from local hardware issues.  I also promise to be a bit better at backing up my work.

Going through a year's worth of photos is always a lot of fun.  I now spend a lot of my professional time behind a desk, but I do get out once in a while.  It was an interesting year, and there was never a shortage of subjects to photograph.  Reviewing the shots is a nice way to remember the places I've been and the things I've seen.

The Top Ten starts tomorrow.  You have been warned.