Thursday, February 8, 2018

HatWatch

We established yesterday that my boss presented me with a winter hat after watching me stand in a cold and windy Mount Pocono Monday morning.


The hat came in handy Tuesday morning. 


My story was on the court ordered end to gerrymandered districts.  We needed a pretty backdrop to help tell the story.  Courthouse Square in downtown Scranton worked nicely.


Even though it was colder in Scranton Tuesday than Mount Pocono Monday, there was less wind, so the hat stayed in my work bag.


And then...


It started snowing around 5:30, so I wore the new hat in my 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM reports.  It was only the second day I wore a knit hat on the air.  The first was an ice New Year's Eve and New Year's morning in Pottsville.


the hat worked nicely and my head stayed warm.