Saturday, December 1, 2018

About the Cover: Christmas Tree

I got lucky this year.  The December header goal is something with a Christmas theme, but some of the big Christmas displays aren't up until after December 1.  I'm okay with that.  If I had my way, you wouldn't see a Christmas decoration until December 15th.

Imagine my surprise when I drove past my alma mater, Marywood in Scranton this week, and a saw a tree up near the main entrance on Adams Avenue.  Marywood holds off on most Christmas things until a few days into the month.  In fact, the giant tree inside the Liberal Arts Building rotunda will be lit December 5th.

Let's establish that I love Christmas trees, even though I have no decorating skill and no interest in having one of my own.

I really like this tree, lit in Marywood's colors of green and white.

I won't mind looking at this one all month.