Monday, November 29, 2010

Mysterious Ways


It is said the Lord works in mysterous ways, and, if you believe in such things, there was some evidence of that last week

As noted earlier, I covered the four alarm fire on South Franklin Street Tuesday morning.  The nice people across the street, at Central United Methodist Church were kind enough to open their doors to the fire victims and the firefighters.  It gave them a chance to get out of the morning chill, a place to sit down, and clean bathrooms.

Regular blog readers know I'm addicted to Diet Pepsi, and church personnel didn't turn me away from their porcelean facilities, even though I was neither firefighter nor fire victim.  Thank you.

That was "mysterious way" number one.

"Mysterous way" number two appeared when I walked into the church, and saw this sign on one of the doors.  It provided a much needed smile on an awful morning, and let me tell you why.

I had the pleasure of working with and learning from the legendary Kevin Jordan at the old WYOU.  He was a friend long before that, during my radio days.  Even though Kevin had a unique way of pushing your buttons back in the day, I'm glad I know him.

One of Kevin's favorite phrases was "walk with Jesus."  Seeing the sign in the church Tuesday morning brought back some pleasant memories.  When you're covering a morning of misery, every bright moment counts.