Saturday, November 17, 2018

Andy's Angles: Christmas Tree

I worked out of WNEP's Wyoming Valley Newsroom on Public Square in Wilkes-Barre early Monday morning, and it is among my favorite things to do here.  It's a nice change of scenery.  The newsroom is well thought out and set up nicely, and downtown Wilkes-Barre has certain charm when it is very quiet at daybreak.

This is Wilkes-Barre's Christmas tree in the center of the square.  It will be lit after a short parade today.  As you can see, it wasn't decorated when I stopped over to take a look just after dawn Monday.  Many cities would envy having such a nice public space in the middle of their downtowns.  Wilkes-Barre is lucky.

As always, there will be several Christmas themed photos here in the weeks to come.  I like looking at decorations.  I don't like putting them up.  I've never been good at that stuff.

Among my favorite childhood Christmas memories would be walking around my little town with my friends, looking at all the decorated houses.  They didn't have to elaborate.  They didn't have to be perfect.  It was just fun.