Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday Scrapple

I'm so happy someone knocked off the Mega Millions jackpot.  It's time to talk about other things.  No, I didn't buy any tickets.

USA Today reports McDonalds is adding new breakfast items.  Great!  Anything to slow down the line.

I do not have a satellite radio subscription, but I am constantly amazed how Howard Stern's interviews always make news.  The man is fearless, and for some reason, people open up to him.

I am not a Boston Red Sox fan, but I do respect their talent.  I didn't care who won the World Series.  My only disappointment is the series didn't go seven games.  There is nothing like the seventh game of a World Series.

I traveled to Bradford County to cover a fire Tuesday morning.  I haven't been there in a long time.  It's one of the most beautiful parts of our area.  I'm sorry we were in such a rush.  Camera opportunities everywhere.  First responders in Smithfield Township were especially cooperative.  Thank you.

Yes, it's overused, but I can't believe it's November already.  The year has flown by.

Gore Vidal was on an old Johnny Carson show this week, from 1980.  It was a broadcast from just before the November election.  He brought up a lot of problems in the American political system.  Nothing has changed, and that makes me sad.

By the way, those old Johnny Carson shows are a nightly gem, and I look forward to them greatly.

It seems like most of this week's trick or treating have become controlled, community sponsored events.  That's a good thing.  It's better than kids aimlessly wandering around neighborhoods.

Willie McCovey hit home runs back when home runs really meant something.

Wasn't it great to actually feel sunshine this week?

Has there been a "must see" NFL game this season?  It seems to be an endless parade of mediocre teams playing mediocre teams.

There is a long list of foods that taste great, but are bad for you.  French fries has to be the headliner.  Ice cream, too.

It isn't just the year of awful weather.  Places like Texas seem to be getting hammered repeatedly.

I told a friend that I was born without the Halloween gene.  I never remembered a lot of interest, even as a kid.  It always seemed like too much fuss and bother to me.  I was in a couple of businesses Wednesday where the employees dressed up.  I recall a visit to a restaurant on Montage Mountain a few years ago.  The waitresses were costumed, and it appeared they were forced to do it.  You never saw a more miserable bunch of people in your life.  I left a nice tip.