Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snowy Travel


As you know, I'm not a "snow" person, so I consider myself lucky over the weekend. My trip to work started Friday night, after the snow stopped. The roads were still lousy, especially that part of Interstate 81 in Dunmore, near the 84/380 split. I don't think I topped 30 mph during my drive. However, there wasn't much traffic and the drive was tolerable.

My shift ended Sunday morning, just as the snow was picking up in intensity. I made it home before the roads got really slick.

The snow adds to the Christmas experience. On the other hand, it makes travel a bear. If I had a choice, I'd do without the holiday atmosphere in exchange for a dry road.

This picture was taken in the WNEP backyard early Saturday morning, when not a creature was stirring.