Friday, October 14, 2016

Thank You

The annual NEPA BlogCon is scheduled for tomorrow at the Penn State campus in Dunmore.

A feature in recent years is to award "Blog of the Year" in several categories.  I'm thrilled to say that for the second consecutive year, this blog has finished first in the "news and politics" category.

A huge thank you to those who nominated me, and those who voted for me.

There are some excellent blogs in the category.  They are all worthy of recognition.

I was asked to be on a BlogCon panel in its first year.  I had to decline due to my schedule.  My advice is simple.  Be committed.  If you're going to start a blog, update it often.  The occasional picture doesn't hurt, and tell us about what we're seeing on our screens.  Let us know what you think and how you feel.  It's not complicated.

Try to write about things you can't find elsewhere.  I do look at hits from time to time.  My most popular entries are the ones I call "value added."  It's the stuff I don't have time to tell you about on TV.  Most are under the "First Person" heading.

Blogger and Word Press don't cost anything.  Blogging is a fun and creative outlet.  Yes, there are people out there who are interested in what you write.

BlogCon has bounced around in recent years...  Nanticoke, Dallas, East Stroudsburg.  This year, it's in my neighborhood.  There's a chance I can stop by to say hello and thank you.