Friday, June 23, 2023

Locked Up

 

It really made me sad.

I've been reading about stores and mini marts in major cities, like New York, Philadelphia and San Francisco, closing because of crime ridden neighborhoods and rampant shoplifting.  Society has really deteriorated, and I'm really not sure if it can be turned around.

Let's shift locations and times to this week, here in our area.  A craving for Buffalo cauliflower sent me to one of the big box stores, and I dropped in right at opening time.  I needed a few other things, like razors, toiletries, snacks for work, etc...

The grocery section was fine, but it seems like everything else in the store was under lock and key.  The cosmetics department is walled off, so there is only one way in and out.  While I didn't need any electronics, I decided to wander through that department, to see if anything would catch my eye.  It was the big box Fort Knox!

When I bring up problems here, I usually try to suggest a solution.  Friends, I'm stumped.  I'm also dejected.  Shopping used to be fun.

By the way, the store didn't have any Buffalo cauliflower but I did grab a couple of other flavors.