Tuesday, January 5, 2021

2020 Leftovers

 


Some items I should have addressed earlier, but they weren't really all that important...

Al Michaels is going in to the baseball hall of fame.  He was a really good baseball broadcaster.    Key word:  WAS.  Outside of a few stunts, Michaels hasn't done a baseball game in years.  There are others who have done more baseball, and who have done it longer, who deserve the honor.

Baltimore's quarterback had to go running for the toilet during a game last month, and broadcasters had great fun with that.  Grow up!  It's happened to everyone at one time or another, albeit not on national television.

The Georgia senate election might be the most covered senate races in American history.

In late December, I ventured in to a shopping mall for the first time in ten months.  Nothing against the people who work there, but I didn't miss it, and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

I thought naming winter storms was silly when it started several years ago.  Time has not changed my opinion.

The charm and interest in Elf on a Shelf eludes me.

It's amazing how fast snow piles up, and it's equally amazing as to how fast it can melt away.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be thrilled to receive a bottle of hand sanitizer as a Christmas gift.

This whole Mr. Peanut thing has become tedious.  Planters needs a new ad agency.

The Top Ten Photos of 2020 blog entries were tough.  There were easily three or four photos that could have topped the list.  I spent the past week second guessing myself.