Thursday, September 27, 2012

One Month

I started biking one month ago, and today we have a quick update on my progress.

I've thrown up only once.

I've popped the chain only once, and that was my fault. I got a little too aggressive while climbing a hill.  The problem appeared to be too much shifting, too fast.

My legs feel a little stronger.  I have slightly more endurance.  I can now use harder gears on the hills where I formerly used first.  There is still a little pain after a ride, but it's a good type of pain, if you know what I mean.  I feel like I received a good work out.

I've found drivers to be very nice.  But then again, I cycle through a small town, and at off peak hours.

I am concerned about the arrival of colder weather, and it will be difficult to put the bike away for the winter.  The issue is losing all that progress I'm making.  Buying a stationary bike isn't in the cards.  I had one a long time ago, and I found it to be excruciatingly boring.  Join a gym?  Price isn't an issue.  Some are very affordable.  I never saw myself as a gym kind of guy, but then again, I never thought I'd be on a bike again, either.