Tuesday, December 2, 2014

At Least, The View Was Nice

I've always been honest with you, and today is no exception.

Deer season is not one of my favorite stories, but that was my Monday assignment.  I'm a professional, and I set out to do the best job I could do.  The effort was solid.

We talked with some hunters at the start of their day, and one man who was lucky enough to shoot a button buck.  The successful hunter was in the Thornhurst area, near the top of Suscon Road.  The others were in the Francis E. Walter Dam area, not far from Bear Creek.

I know and understand there is a need to thin the herd and control the population.  I get that.  I don't like looking at dead animals, and I hope you get that.

I tried to accentuate the positive.  I spent a good part of my morning in one of our area's coolest locations.  This is the view from the top of the dam.  Spectacular.  Check it out if you get the chance.