Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Business Tuesday

 

My degree is in broadcasting.  I went to a liberal arts college, and I'm proud of it.

I recently heard a couple of "business news" stories on the radio that even I could figure out.  Heck, an elementary school kid would even say "duh!" at those business news items.

The first was a big movie theater chain discovered patrons are spending less on candy and soda because the cost of an admission ticket is so high.

The second was another earth shattering item.  Fast food,  has increased in price,  so people are making fewer trips to burger joints.

There is a concept that is apparently difficult for the CEO's of this nation to grasp.  It's called "critical mass."  

I've mentioned this here before.  I had a great stock broker many years ago.  During a recession, she had me buy stock in a soda and snack food company.  The reasoning was that even in tough times, people will still splurge for the creature comforts of a soda and a bag of chips.

Those days are over.