Thursday, May 2, 2024

Thursday Scrapple

 

Just a day to wrap up some loose ends before my vacation ends...

I enjoy good debate, and this country is based upon protest.  However, seeing college campuses torn apart, regardless of the cause, always makes my heart break.

CBS dumped Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms from its NFL pre game show.  No surprise.  Their contracts were expiring, and CBS is desperately trying to take a bite out of FOX.  It's unfortunate.  I rarely watch, but it seems like any time I did, Esiason and Simms had something to say.

By the way, FOX is charging nearly $ 7 million for a 30 second ad in next year's Super Bowl.

May can be a great month.  Sadly, it gets too hot, too fast.

It seems like every road I take on a daily basis is under construction.  I know.  It has to be done.

I've read NBC will make a huge bid to get part of the NBA package.  I'm not a basketball fan, but I do feel sorry for those who love the sport.  More games will move to a "pay to stream" service.

The posters and ads for fire department summer carnivals are beginning to appear.  While I haven't attended one in years, it still makes me happy.

I don't understand why people frown upon potato crisps (can't call them chips) in a can?

My silver car is yellow with pollen, and this week, I think I saw the world's largest bumble bee.  He was enormous!

Hearing about veterinarian shortages always makes me sad and angry.

I've been blogging for nearly twenty years, and something still amazes me.  There are some entries I think will produce a lot of traffic, and I get the standard amount of hits.  Conversely, there are some entries that really don't have much of a spark, and they do well.  Regardless, thank you for reading.  Today, and always.