Monday, May 20, 2024

Fast Food

 

A Taco Bell is opening down the street from my office.

I'm always amazed at the strong feelings evoked by fast food.  Clearly, people have their favorites.

I have no brand loyalty.  If I'm hungry, I pop in to what every restaurant happens to be closest.  There was one long drive to Allentown once to sample White Castle.  It was okay, but I really didn't see what the hype was all about.

McDonalds is considering a $5 value meal.  One of the offerings is reportedly four nuggets, fries, and a drink.  I would assume the fries and drink will be the smallest on the menu, but four nuggets?!?!?!  Four!  I really don't consider that to be much of a value.

Considering the prices these days, it's easier to just drive home and make something yourself.

By the way, the new Taco Bell wound up on page one, above the fold, in a recent morning newspaper.  Is that the best you can do?