Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tuesday Scrapple

I pick football games.  I don't pick Academy Award winners, but I was very successful in one Sunday night prediction-- it would be four hours of political speeches.

There's a Facebook page dedicated to WPIX archives.  It's outstanding!

I have my issues with Major League Baseball, and I'll likely address them here before the regular season opens, but it was nice to turn on the TV and watch some spring training games over the weekend.

It will be interesting to see if Sunday's Daytona 500 reversed the rather substantial TV ratings slide.

I've nearly run out of things to say about the weather.

A "business news" blog entry is in the near future.  I will say this, now.  Penneys is closing 140 stores.  The bottom falling out of the department store business is fascinating.

Tastykake Chocolate Juniors are one of the great joys of life.  I had my first one in eons over the weekend.  Blew me away.  Simple and delicious.  You still can't beat a Tastykake lemon pie.

President Trump is skipping the White House Correspondents Association dinner.  I can understand that.

People's Court Judge Joseph Wapner died Sunday.  97 years old.  I was working at another TV station, when the decision was made to dump The People's Court in favor of a game show.  The receptionist and the newsroom were bombarded with angry phone calls.  The game show bombed.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be sad if all the court TV shows went away.

How did presentation of the Best Picture award get so screwed up Sunday night, or more accurately, Monday morning?

GiraffeCam was fascinating viewing.