Saturday, June 27, 2020

Andy's Angles: Open Shutter





I've always been fascinated by night photography and slow shutter speeds.  I bought a book and have been watching YouTube videos on the technique.  I'm sure it has a technical name.  Most call it "painting with light."

A try earlier this year, while far from perfect,  showed enough promise to keep at it.

A new attempt came early in the morning, late last month.

Finding a location is a challenge.  There has to be a fair amount of traffic, plus a safe place to plant the tripod.

This is Route 315 in Pittston Township.  It  wasn't a random choice.  I know there's a lot of truck traffic here because of the truck stop and the near by business park.  Trucks work great for this because they have high and low lights, making for some great streaks.

While I keep my eyes on the road while driving, I'm always looking for the next location to open my shutter.