Sunday, September 11, 2022

Andy's Angles: So Sad

 

I did something on an afternoon last month that I hadn't done in a few years.  I walked around the Wyoming Valley Mall.

It was a sad experience.    More vacant space than open stores.

Look, I know all malls are struggling, some more than others.  Still, there are things you can do to enhance the experience.  Clean the floors, fixed the broken and mismatched tile, clean up the vacant space, and make sure the vending machines are filled.  It was nearly impossible to find a cold drink.

No, I didn't make any purchases.  The men's department at the remaining stores were disorganized and poorly stocked.

It's a horrible cycle.  Mall suffered because of on-line shopping, and on-line shopping flourishes because the malls have deteriorated rapidly.

I wonder what will be here in the years to come.